Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Country Baskets online terms and conditions. These terms and conditions apply to the use of this website. By accessing this website and/or placing an order as a member or as a guest you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If for any reason you disagree with any of these terms and conditions, you may not use or access this website.
If you have any questions, or require any further information in relation to any of these terms and conditions please contact a member of our team via customer service team, or call 0800 222 9020 from 8.00am – 5.00pm Monday – Friday.
Please note that we aim to respond to all customer emails within 24 hours, though this can be slightly longer in peak times and bank holiday periods.
We reserve the right to change or remove this website in part, or in full, temporarily or permanently without prior notice and we will not be held liable to you or any third party for the modification or withdrawal of this site.
We also reserve the right to amend these terms and/or conditions without prior notice and in continuing to use the website following such change will deemed acceptance of such amendment(s). It is your responsibility to regularly check the terms and conditions for changes. If you disagree with any amendments to these terms and conditions, you must cease using this website immediately.
‘Conditions’ – This term refers to these terms and conditions and special conditions.
‘Product’ – Refers to the product displayed for sale on the website.
‘Product Description’ – Means the part of the website where certain terms and conditions in respect of the individual product are provided.
‘Special Conditions’ – Means the terms and conditions outlined in the product description.
‘Users’ – Means the users of the website collectively.
‘Personal Information’ – Means the details provided by you on registration for membership or when placing an order.
‘We/us’ – Means CB Imports PLC T/A Country Baskets
'Website' – Refers to the website located at countrybaskets.co.uk or any subsequent URL which may replace it.
'Cookies' – Refers to small text files which our website places on your computer’s hard-drive to store information about your activity on our website and to identify your computer.
‘You’ – Means a user of this website.
Use of the Website
You are provided with access to this website in accordance with these conditions and all usage of this website including, but not limited to, placing an order or registering as a member must be conducted in strict accordance with these conditions.
You warrant that any personal information that you provide, for any reason, is true, accurate and current. You also warrant that you will notify us immediately via email or phone of any changes to your personal information. Alternatively, you will update this information manually on your account when logged in to countrybaskets.co.uk.
You agree not to impersonate any other person or business, or use a false name that you are not authorised to use.
You agree full to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees arising from any breach of the conditions by you, or any other liabilities out of your use of this website or the use by anybody else who accesses the website on your behalf.
Purchase of Products
We will endeavour to keep the details of your order and payment secure, taking reasonable care in all actions that are within our power to do so. However in no circumstance, other that which is deemed negligence on our part, shall we be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party gains unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing the website or placing an order.
Shortly after placing an order, you will receive acknowledgement of your order via email. This acknowledgment confirms the items, and the prices of the items, that you have ordered and does not act as confirmation or acceptance of your online order.
The contract is formed between Country Baskets and you when we dispatch the goods that you have ordered and not before this point. A contract is not formed at the point where payment is taken, nor is one formed at the point where we acknowledge your order via email. Until your order is dispatched, Country Baskets reserve the right to not accept your order.
If an item is out of stock, it will normally be labelled as 'out of stock' on our website. If, for any other reason, we are unable to supply a particular item, we will not be liable to you except to ensure that you are not charged for that item.
Following the formation of the contract between Country Baskets and you, we shall continue to own any goods ordered until full payment is received from you, even if the goods have already been delivered.
Non-acceptance of your order could be the result of; one or more of the items on your order being out of stock or unavailable, failure to obtain payment for your order, the identification of a pricing or product description error or you failing to meet the eligibility outlined in the terms and conditions.
The contract will be concluded in English and Country Baskets will not be held responsible for the translation to any other language.
Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
This legislation offers you the following cancellation rights when you place an order online.
- You are entitled to cancel your contract, provided that you exercise this right no later than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods.
- Your right to return products does not apply to goods made to your specification, that have been clearly personalised or which, by reason of their nature, cannot be returned or are likely to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
- If you exercise your right to cancel, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them.
- To exercise your right to cancel, you must inform us of this decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including your name, address, details of the order you wish to cancel and your phone number and email address, where available.
- You can cancel by contacting us via email, phone or writing. Contact details can be found at the base of these terms and conditions or in the ‘Contact’ section of this website.
- If you do cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of cancellation. We will then reimburse you the amount in relation to these goods. Further information regarding refunds can be found in the ‘refunds and returns’ section of these term and conditions.
- We reserve the right to make a deduction from the reimbursement for the loss of value of any of the good supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
Description of Products and Pricing
We aim to display and describe all products as accurately as possible; however they may look different in real life. We take care to produce product descriptions and specifications accurately though these can differ at times from the physical product. If the product does differ from the description of the product at the time of placing the order, you have the right to return it under our returns policy.
Prices of products published on our website for Green members and guest customers will differ from the prices offered in Country Baskets store. The total price for Green/Guest customers includes VAT.
Gold customer orders are processed directly by your local Country Baskets store; as such the price paid for products ordered online will be identical to the price paid in store. The total price for Gold customers includes VAT.
The price of each product refers to the product alone, excluding the cost of delivery and any other services. We reserve the right to change prices on our website and in-store at any time without notice. Where any decorative accessories are shown with our products these are not included with your order unless we specifically state that they are included.
We have made every effort to display the products on our website as accurately as possible. However, the equipment we use, as well as the display and colour capabilities of the equipment you use to view the site, may affect the appearance of the product you see on the screen. We cannot be held liable for any limitations of the equipment you use to view our site and cannot guarantee that your equipment’s display of any colour or detail of merchandise will be accurate or the same as the actual product.
Green Customers and Guest Customers
We can accept MasterCard, Maestro, Visa and Visa Electron via a secure payment gateway. However, we reserve the right to vary the accepted methods without notice.
In addition, we also accept payment via PayPal.
PayPal allows you to pay for goods online simply and securely, just enter your email address and password, PayPal will do the rest. If you already have an account with Paypal, you can choose to pay by PayPal at the checkout.
If your credit/debit card is rejected by our online payment gateway, please double-check that the details you have entered are correct and that your card is both valid and suitable to use with our online payment system. If the problem persists, please contact your card’s provider. In addition, your name and billing address details must match the card-holder address held by your card issuer.
If, for any reason, there is a problem in collecting payment from your credit/debit card after we have acknowledged receipt of your order, we will not be obliged to dispatch your order.
Furthermore, we may be unable to process an order if; one or more of the items is out of stock or unavailable, your payment has been declined and/or there is an unspecified technical error.
If you are a Gold customer, your online order will be processed directly by a member of our store team. Therefore, we will not ask you to exchange any funds online.
Shortly after submitting an order request, a member of our team from your local store will be in touch to confirm the order and take payment over the phone. Most major credit and debit cards (excluding American Express) are accepted.
For any further information please get in touch with a member of our team via email or phone.
Gift Cards, eVouchers & Promotions
- Country Baskets gift cards can be purchased from and be used in any Country Baskets store and the balance on the card redeemed for in-store purchases in full or part-payment (excluding third-party concessions including, but not limited to, in-store restaurants) at any time whilst the card is valid. Unfortunately, at this time Gift Cards cannot be used online.
- To redeem an amount against your Gift Card, it must be presented at the checkout along with your Country Baskets membership card. The amount redeemed from a card will be shown on the till receipt which should be kept for your records.
- Treat your Gift Card like cash, lost or stolen cards cannot be refunded or replaced. Please note that a Gift Card is not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card and no interest is paid on card balances.
- The Gift Card balance cannot be replenished and as such Gift Cards should be disposed of in a responsible manner when the total balance has been redeemed.
- No change can be given for the remaining Gift Card balance and no balance of a Gift Card can be exchanged for cash.
- Country Baskets cannot be held liable for lost/stolen cards or the credit amount on such cards.
- Country Baskets reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and/or discontinue the Gift Card scheme at any time.
- Country Baskets will not keep the balance of Gift Cards separate from its own funds. Gift Card balances are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme or the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect your statutory rights.
- Country Baskets Gift Cards are issued by CB Imports Ltd T/A Country Baskets, Ardsley Mills, Bradford Road, East Ardsley, Leeds, WF3 2DW.
- If you would like any further information, please see our FAQs section or get in touch via customer service team.
- eVouchers are valid online only, unless otherwise stated, and cannot be used in-store or exchanged for in-store vouchers or coupons.
- eVouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
- eVouchers are valid for single-use only and any remaining balance for an eVoucher will be lost if the full amount is not claimed in the single-use. No amount will be held as a credit against your account and cannot be claimed against subsequent orders.
- If you wish to return goods that were purchased online using an eVoucher, in most circumstances, we will issue you with another eVoucher of equivalent value to the invoice value of the goods returned.
- The value of an eVoucher refers to the pre-VAT value.
Promotional Discounts and Events
Country Baskets run occasional promotional discounts and events, both in-store and online. These promotions are managed individually and are likely to differ between our in-store and other business. Therefore, online promotional discounts, offers and events advertised on countrybaskets.co.uk, on any social media platform or via any other communication, are only valid on purchases made via countrybaskets.co.uk and not on purchases made in Country Baskets stores, unless otherwise stated.
In addition, in-store only promotional discounts, offers and events advertised in-store, on any social media platform or via any other communication, are only valid on purchases made in store, unless otherwise stated.
All promotions are subject to stock availability and are held on a first come first served basis. Country Baskets reserve the right to amend or cancel any promotion without notice and additional terms and conditions may apply to individual promotions.
Refer a Friend
- Referred friends must register as a customer with www.countrybaskets.co.uk and place on order online for both parties to become eligible for the referral reward. This offer is not valid if redeemed in store.
- The amount of the referral reward is, Referred friend - 10% discount voucher redeemed online after registerring and placing an order, Referrer - £5 added to online account, rewards can only be redeemed online.
- Discount applied to products only, it does not apply to shipping charges.
- You can't recommend yourself.
- We'll withhold rewards if we reasonably suspect fraudulent activity.
- To refer a friend you must be a registered online customer with Country Baskets
- Rewards can be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
- Country Baskets reserve the right to change/withdraw this promotion at any time.
Green Member and Guest Customer Delivery
This is a standard fixed-price service at £4.00 which includes VAT and is available to most postal areas within the UK Mainland. However, geographic location and courier availability can affect the availability of this service
- Standard Delivery is charged at £4.00 inc VAT regardless of the size and weight of your order.
- We aim to deliver all orders within 3-5 working days. Our delivery days are Monday – Friday and delivery will be made between 9am and 5pm.
- Delivery may take longer than 5 working days in peak times, such as the months leading up to Christmas and bank holiday periods, though we will endeavour to keep disruption to a minimum.
- Delivery to certain rural areas may take longer than 5 working days, though we will endeavour to keep disruption to a minimum.
- Postal areas that are exempt from standard delivery include, but are not limited to; BFPO addresses, all areas outside of the UK, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Orkney, Shetland and Scottish Islands.
We can deliver orders to almost all locations outside for the UK Mainland via our International Delivery service. The price of this service depends on the weight of the order as well as the delivery destination. A member of our customer service team will be more than happy to quote for delivering your order and confirm that we are able to deliver to your address.
- Estimated international delivery times and prices vary depending on the weight and size of the order and the delivery location. A quote and/or an estimated delivery timescale can be provided, however we will need to know what product(s) and quantities you want, we will then obtain a delivery cost from our carrier. Please contact our customer service team by email with details of the items you would like to order. Please note that when goods are shipped via airfreight certain products cannot be supplied e.g. aerosols.
- Deliveries outside of the UK are subject to customs, legal, regulatory and certain practical restrictions. In order to comply with local legislation, you or your recipient may be required to pay additional fees, such as; taxes, fees or levies, import duty or formal customs entry. Country Baskets will not be held liable for such fees and failure to pay may result in your delivery being delayed. In this circumstance we will not be able to assist.
- You are responsible for assuring that the product can be lawfully imported to the destination country therefore you will need to check any import restrictions with local customs or authorities before placing an order and we are unable to assist with this process or any circumstances that are the result of a failure to check the appropriate circumstances prior placing an order. However, we are happy to provide any additional, available product information at request before an order is placed.
- Please note that International delivery is not included in any of our delivery promotions e.g. Free Delivery. These promotions are exclusive to the UK Mainland.
- Please be advised that there is a minimum order value of £50.00 when placing orders to be delivered outside of the UK.
Gold Member Delivery
As a gold customer, your order is handled directly by your local store. The terms and conditions of delivery, as well as delivery procedures vary between stores. The terms and conditions, as well as further delivery information can be provided upon request by contacting your local store directly.
General Delivery Terms
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the delivery address is capable of accepting delivery of the product(s). Such as ensuring that there is sufficient room for a large vehicle to make the delivery.
- We will bear no liability to you in respect of any delay or failure to deliver a product due to circumstances beyond our control including, but not limited to delay or failure caused by adverse weather, strikes or transport problems.
- We reserve the right to change our delivery services, services and/or terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- Delivery charges will not be refunded if you cancel or return your order, unless the product is faulty or does not fit the description given.
- Orders may require a signature to acknowledge delivery. The signature of the person accepting delivery at the delivery address will act as proof that the delivery has been received by you or the person to whom the order is addressed. If nobody is available to accept your delivery, you will receive a card to advise that delivery was attempted and will provide further instruction with regards to retrieving your order or arranging re-delivery.
- Free delivery and reduced price delivery promotions are subject to availability and the terms of the promotion. Free delivery and other promotional codes remain the property of Country Baskets, are non-transferable and may not be reproduced in any other form.
Returns, Refunds & Cancellations
Please note that our returns, refunds and cancellations policy only applies to orders placed online via countrybaskets.co.uk. For information regarding returning items that you purchased in store please contact a member of the team at your your local, store.
Return information - within 14 days
We hope you are completely satisfied with your online purchase. However, if for any reason you have changed your mind or are not entirely happy with an item that you have received you can return it to us in an unused and saleable condition within 14 calendar days of receiving your order (working from the day after the order is delivered) for a full refund. Conditions may apply so please visit our Help & Support page for further information.
Returning items to us couldn’t be easier, please see the below options, explaining how you can do this.
Return by Post
If you are a green member simply return the item(s) along with your Delivery Note via your local Post Office using the Free Returns label which is available in the Your Account section of our website.
If you are a gold member please get in touch with the Pick, Pack and Deliver co-ordinator in your local store who will be happy to help arrange a return.
Finally, if your order was placed as a guest, please return the items(s) and your delivery note to:
Direct Despatch, Country Baskets, Ardsley Mills, Bradford Road, East Ardsley, Leeds, WF3 2DW.
Please note, we do recommend asking for proof of postage. This may prove useful if your parcel goes missing whilst in their distribution network.
Returning a Large Item?
If you have received a damaged large item and wish to return it please contact us at email@example.com and we will arrange for a collection. If you have changed your mind you can return your large item via the Post Office where they can arrange a return using Parcelforce Worldwide, see their website for details and prices of this service at www.parcelforce.com. If you need help please Contact Us, when getting in touch please quote your order number which can be found on your Delivery Note or on your Order Confirmation email.
Return to any Country Baskets store
Please return your item(s) along with your Delivery Note and the card you used to place the order to the reception desk at your local store where a member of the team will be more than happy to help.
Once we 've received your item(s) at our returns centre if you have paid by credit or debit card a member of our team will be in touch to refund your card. Depending on the card issuer it may take up to 5 days for the refund to show in your account. If you have paid using PayPal we won't contact you we'll just credit your PayPal account.
If you have any further queries relating to returns please feel free to contact us by phone; 0800 222 9020; or simply visit our Contact Us page on our website.
We endeavour to respond to all customer emails within 24 hours however please note that this may take slightly longer than 24 hours over the weekend or bank holiday period and peak times.
To register for Green membership you must adhere to the terms and conditions outlined in the below sections 1 - 9. You can register for membership at the reception desk of your local store or online. If you register in-store you will receive a membership card immediately. When registering online, you will receive a ‘printable card’ via email, which can be exchanged for a membership card in store.
To apply for Gold membership you can apply directly or be an existing Green member and adhere to the terms and conditions outlined in the below sections 1 - 9. In addition, you must be a trader and able to provide proof of your business or a customer who has reached a spend of £2,000. We reserve the right to amend the eligibility criteria and terms and conditions at any time without notice.
To apply for Gold membership, please contact customer service team or your local store and provide your membership number and evidence that you operate or represent a registered business.
BFA Green Members
Whilst BFA green members are welcome to shop online, the 5% agreed discount cannot currently be applied to online orders, to use your 5% discount you must shop instore.
Whilst NAFAS members are welcome to shop online, the 10% agreed discount cannot currently be applied to online orders, to use your 10% discount you must shop instore.
General Membership Terms & Conditions
- To become a member, you must be aged 16 or over and have an email address. We may refuse an application for any reason and you may only have one membership account. We reserve the right to refuse, merge or close any additional accounts at any time without notice. You can choose to cancel your membership at any time by contacting a member of our customer service team by email or phone.
- You must keep us informed of any changes to your personal or membership details by contacting a member of our team or by changing them yourself via ‘My Account’ when logged in to the website. We will not be responsible for any loss of vouchers or benefits as a result of out-of-date or inaccurate personal details.
- Membership cards are not transferrable, cannot be copied and can only be used by the member named on the face of the card. Membership cards remain the property of Country Baskets and we may terminate your membership card at any time and request that you return or destroy a membership card when no longer valid for use.
- At our discretion we may decline to issue, withdraw or cancel membership accounts or cards at any time.
- If a member appears to have breached the terms and conditions or behaved in a manner deemed to be misleading, inappropriate or abusive, we may remove or cancel their membership at any time.
- Country Baskets membership cards may not be transferred, bought, sold or traded in any way.
- To shop in store you must be a registered member and present your membership card at the checkout. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of goods to customers who are not registered members.
You agree and acknowledge that all material and content within this website is provided for personal use and that you may (if necessary to make your purchase) download such content to your personal computer’s hard drive. However, any other use of any content and material of the website is strictly prohibited including, but not limited to, any commercial use of such content. You agree not or (or assist/facilitate any other third-party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, display, publish, distribute and/or make derivatives of such material or content.
By accessing this website, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the website and any transactions conducted on, or via, the website.
To the greatest possible extent under applicable law, we disclaim warranties of any kind whether implied or expressed in relation to this website and/or our goods. This does not affect any statutory rights relating to damaged goods or your rights to cancel the contract between you and us.
We will not be liable, in contract, pre-contract or other representations (excluding fraudulent or negligent mis-representations) or otherwise out of, or in connection with, these terms and conditions for; any financial loss (including, but not limited to loss of revenue, profit, contract(s), business or anticipated gain) damage or loss of goodwill or representation and/or any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred as a result of, or in connection with, the provisions of any matter under these terms and conditions.
Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit our liability for personal injury or fatality, deemed the result of our negligence or that of our employees, agents or servants.
We will not be held liable for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions, if the delay or failure arises from any cause that is beyond our control.
No waiver by Country Baskets for your breach of these conditions shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
If any part(s) of these terms and conditions is (are) deemed illegal, invalid or unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable from the condition without affecting the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the conditions.
The terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
This website is owned and operated by CB Imports PLC T/A Country Baskets whose registered office is at:
CB Imports PLC T/A Country Baskets
Company Registration: 3609522
VAT Registration: CB 974 826 374
Customer Service Team
Email: customer service team
Telephone: (+44) (0)800 222 9020 (lines are open between 8.00am and 5.00pm (GMT), Monday – Friday.